Monday, August 15, 2011

Happiness Hit Her

Well it has been almost a year since my last post. I guess I was too busy to keep up with it; however, I'm going to try to make time for it again. A year...where to start?

Well as far as firefighting I've enjoyed my volunteer service. It gets pretty stressful at times and I've seen some awful things but the sleep I've lost over that is worth what I've done for others. Unfortunately I feel the department takes too long to organize classes and they are slowing me down. So to fix this I will be making my grand return to college. I start in about 5 weeks. Bring it on.

Work...well work was another fun experience on its own. I had a good position with the company and was a full time employee...I got along with most people and had quite a bit of fun everyday. However, with promotions came more responsibility but not more money. That only lasted so long before I had finally had enough. One day after being pushed a little too far I up and quit. I just walked out. It kinda of freaked me out because I had never quit anything without planning and without having something else to move on to or a backup plan. But it ended well because in 3 weeks I had found another full time job that paid me almost the exact same. And after 6 months there I received a raise so I'm now making what I was before...plus more hours, benefits, overtime pay, and a flexible schedule. Very nice :)

Oh and that other little thing...my personal life. After a situation with my ex went down in a huge ball of fire and my heart was broken a few times over, things have gotten better. I live alone (finally) and I love it. I'm close to work and everything I need which is very convenient. After taking some time to heal and get my head somewhere back to normal (because anyone who knows me knows I'm not quite normal ;) ) I've started seeing someone. She is wonderful. Everything has been going great with us. The only issue is that she had to move and now lives two hours away. With our busy lives we don't get to spend much time together but its worth it. Its nice to be with someone who actually treats me right and isn't a total psycho.

Well I do believe that is all. Things are great and I'm truly very happy.

Like a bullet in the back
Struck from a great height
By someone who should know better than that

No comments: