It got me. I got sick. Ain't that about a bitch? lol. I don't mind too much though...it sucks having a sore throat when I'm forced to talk all day at work but it makes me have a funny laugh so at least there is something fun with it. I sound like I have been smoking for 40 years though which is not much fun but again the laugh really makes up for it.
As far as my head stuff goes with my medicine...yeah idk. Its a bit of a mess now but not something I'm posting here. Its helping but at the same time making new problems. It sucks but eventually I will find a good balance. Hopefully. I have slept a total of 6 and a half hours the past 4 days. I'm so freaking tired but thought it was time for an update. Work has kept me crazy busy this week. Today was ridiculous. It was busy as hell and I had several people go off on me. Plus with my meds making me even more irritable than usual I wore down pretty quick.
However, I was complimented by a few people which made everything a lot better. (Feel free to skip this, its just boring shit about work) A good friend of mine, Ms. T, along with the store manager and co manager repeatedly let me know today that I had done a great job training the new people. I know that doesn't sound like much but that boosted me up a lot in their eyes. Usually only two people train the new employees...one (Ms. T) has been there since the 80's and the other has been there about 6 or so years I think. Next week will be my one year mark. But Ms. T trains the most and really sticks to the manual so to get several compliments from her on it meant a lot to me. I've trained 3 people in the last week and I really impressed my store manager because so far they are all doing really well. Don't get me wrong, I have bigger life plans than climbing the chain at a grocery store, but I like to do my job well. Plus I look for promotions because extra money is nice and I enjoy the added responsibility. So even though I don't plan to stay there forever, I'd prefer to gain a higher position (which I hope to be somewhat close to).
I guess you'd have to work there to fully understand the kind of compliment it is to be asked to train people. It really helped me take a bigger step towards a new position because it showed that I am very knowledgeable. Since training those 3 people the store manager and several other employees higher than me have started acting different. I mean they were always nice and we've always gotten along but now they act more like they respect me and ask my opinion on things and idk its strange. haha. They even give me some random manager tasks occasionally. Idk its just strange and this has all happened within the last 4ish days, but I'm very thankful for it and I welcome all the odd ways they act because its helping me get farther. Like I said it elevated me to them and I've really been trying to find something to help me make a leap like that and apparently training was what I needed. I know it doesn't seem like much from the outside but this is great for me. And I really needed some good news and this was perfect. Now we just have to see if I can find something else to accomplish to give me that final boost.
Then there's fresh air. Just breathe baby God's got a blessing to spare. Yes I know the process is so much stress. But it's the progress that feels the best
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment