Monday, February 9, 2009

With Every Turn Comes a New Frame of Mind

I always hate writing papers. I complain in my head from the second I find out I have to write one. Then I stare at a blank screen and complain in my head more. Then check out my facebook and yahoo and msn and play some freecell. lol. Then I stare at my blank page again and force myself to start. Then I start having fun and realize I still kick ass at writing papers. lol. Every time, it never fails. I'm reminded of this lovely process because I did it over the last week while I procrastinated on a paper that I actually enjoyed writing. I love when I can weave in humor. It was pretty easy this time because (even though my professor and classmates who will read it don't know) I was making fun of myself. The paper was on phobias and I have a ridiculous phobia of dentists. I don't know why but I freak out every time I have to go. If I see an orthodontist I'm totally cool, but then again I haven't had braces (obviously my teeth are so not close to being straight...) but a regular dentist and just a simple check-up and cleaning is the most exhausting/terrifying thing to me. But anyway in the paper I kind of poked fun at my train of thought, they just don't know it was my irrational thought process instead of some random example.

It was fun and had me laughing and wondering why I'm so damn scared of a freaking dentist. Especially because mine is super nice. If you've seen Miss Congeniality, the girl Cheryl aka Miss Rhode Island (the goofy one that wins the contest) is just like her. How can I be scared of her? I'm not really sure but I am. My oldest sister and one of my grandfathers have this fear too. I actually know why I am, a slightly traumatic experience with my first dentist when I was really young. My sisters agree that he was really mean and they were scared of him too. I guess only one of us got past that. lol.

I'm so excited about the nice weather here! Its about time. But you better believe I got in one more really good wipe out before the ice melted. I somehow bruised my arm pretty good in the process...I'm not sure how that happened. I landed on my back/neck/head so I'm not sure where my arm was. The only reason I know that was when I actually hurt it is because after I figured out I hadn't paralyzed myself and started laughing, I realized my arm was hurting pretty bad. By far the most painful one I've ever done. I'm glad it was at like ten at night and in my driveway because I had to lay there for like 5 or 6 minutes before I could get up because I hurt my back so bad. I was surprised, I'm so usually so graceful ;)

Its time to read and go to bed. I'm tired.

If I could frame my mind, where would it hang?

No comments: