Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm Not Calling for a Second Chance

So I can't wait until this weekend. I love having Saturdays off. Even though this time I'll be waking up at like 5 and getting home pretty late. I don't mind. A day away from crazy people is great no matter how its spent. lol. And in two weeks I get to do it again. Yay.

It was crazy busy at work yesterday. Some customers turned up their attitudes which of course didn't go well with me. I really need to work on my anger issues with them. But seriously you'd be surprised if you knew the bullshit they give us. The people in that neighborhood are damn rude.

Despite the high level of pissy people, yesterday was still pretty entertaining. I got a new name tag and I'm hoping to confuse people with it. lol. About a month after I started I lost my original name tag (or thought I did) It costs $5 to get a new one made. F that. I went to the meat department where they have screwed up tags and grabbed one. Then I went to the office and told them the label with my name fell out of the slot. They believed me and made me a new label for free. lol. However, the new tag was in the reject pile because it had been made upside down so I've been taping it to my shirt everyday since. No one ever noticed until last week. One of my managers, D, found out my nickname was Ginger and thought it was the most appropriate nickname for me. She asked if I'd wear a tag that said it and I said I would if I didn't have to pay for it. So, yesterday D took me to the office and told them that my tag was broken and it was unacceptable and looked bad or whatever and I needed a new one since they screwed it up. She had them make a new tag for free that says Ginger. lol. I laughed the whole time. I couldn't even try to act like it was a serious problem. I got it at the end of my shift though so I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow to see what people think of it. Especially our store manager. lol.

Things like this is why I love working there. Hate the customers, but damn the people that work there are so much fun. We do goofy things like this all the time. Nights there are the best. I enjoy having nights off, but less people come in at night and that's when we do just about everything we shouldn't be doing because the store manager is gone. For the most part, the people that work nights are a riot. I'm looking forward to Friday, I work 4-1030. haha. Oh the good times.

I'm screaming at the top of my voice

No comments: