Yesterday I finally got some answers. That was exciting. Well kind of...it was also slightly disturbing I guess. My neurologist, Dr. R, told me I have brain damage. That's fun. The damage was caused by viral encephalitis which I had when I was 1. It should have killed me or left me mentally handicapped for the rest of my life but thankfully I've been just fine with the exception of whats going on now so I consider myself very lucky. Even though Dr. R is positive that's what it is I have to do a couple more tests to make sure before he starts me on medication. I have another EEG in about two weeks to check my brain activity while I'm sleeping. I also have to get an MRI Monday so he can see how big the damaged area is.
This was the first time I met Dr. R. We discussed my previous tests and he said I didn't have much to worry about. After we do these tests I have to start taking medicine for seizures. I'm not having seizures, but he said a small dose of it will fix my problem. I'm still nervous and kind of unsure about it all but I believe this neurologist will get it figured out and it will all end soon. I guess just the thought of having brain damage and not knowing how large the area is bothers me. I mean obviously I can function normal but I'm just curious. It is nice to finally have some kind of answer but...I don't really know how to fully describe what I think about it all. Oh well...I guess we'll just see what happens and if my doctor is right.
I'm ashamed of all my somethings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment