Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It Isn't About the Years on Your Headstone

Well it looks like despite one managers attempt to get me out of BL I'm moving other places instead. On to the service desk they say! Where I get to handle all the pissy customers which, if you've been reading carefully, are my favorite! I really don't think I will like working there but I guess I shouldn't complain yet. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Despite common input from people who should shut the fuck up (excuse me) I'm happy with myself. I have a long way to go to get to where I'd like to be but I'm happy with what I'm doing. I'm going to school full time and doing my best. I'm working constantly to attempt to pay for as much as I can on my own. Though I do have a party side its not like its ruining my life and I actually don't even go to that many. Most of my weekends are dominated by work, so anyone that tells me having a fun Saturday every two or three months is bad can keep their opinion to themselves. Thanks. Of course there are things I would like to change or improve on, but I'm content. That's all I really care about. I love school. Yes I love it. I hate going some days but I love it. (Let me know if that ever makes sense) I enjoy work. I enjoy my freedom and schedule between work and school even though I get overwhelmed some weeks. I've had my rough patches and my issues, but I'm doing better. I've finally, yes finally, realized I'm not such a bad person. In fact, compared to certain people around me I'm pretty damn amazing. I hate to sound like a jackass but lets be honest here.

So basically my point is I'm okay. I mean I don't want to stay where I am forever, but as long as I continue progressing I'm okay. I enjoy my life and I honestly don't really care what anyone thinks. Well, except for like four people...but other than that no one counts. lol. I'm content for the most part with things and that's what matters. I'm working, going to school, and volunteering when I can and I don't know...I'm happy with it all. I hope to say that about the rest of my life. I might not have the most fabulous life story at the end, but as long as I enjoy it, the people I care about enjoy me being a part, and somewhere along the way I help at least one person, I'll know it wasn't wasted. Let's hope I get there.

...it's the dash between that counts.

No comments: