Sunday, March 22, 2009

Leave Me Out in the Waste

Oh how I love sleeping in! I don't get to do it as often as I'd like but its really nice when I don't have to worry about when I'll get up. Of course there is usually a downside to this. I have to work from 5 until midnight tonight. Shoot me? I had to work from 6 to midnight last Thursday which sucked pretty bad. Instead of being on a register I was stocking and of course that was just a freaking blast because my back was hurting pretty bad at the end of the night. I wouldn't have minded as much if I would have been working with someone I liked but of course I was with the one manager that doesn't like me so we weren't having the best of evenings. I tried to act like she did like me for awhile and attempted to talk to her and be nice, but she shot that down pretty quick with a few shitty remarks. Oh well. It doesn't really bother me, she can think what she wants and be shady.

Thankfully today on my closing shift I'll be working with D. Even though I really do not want to work this shift because I have school tomorrow morning, I don't really mind since I like the people I work with today. However, there are some really strange people that come into the store late which I'm not looking forward to. Of course all the weird ones come out at night, but in that neighborhood...its a whole different breed of crazy. Plus, there are usually drunk ones that come in and many have short tempers so I'm really not looking forward to them. I've put up with them before but I can't help but always be a little nervous. You never know what could send someone over the edge.

I really need to write a paper for tomorrow, but who wants to do that? I'll probably wait until last minute and stress over it all day tomorrow. It shouldn't be too hard anyway. I think it will actually be pretty fun. It will be really interesting to see the responses of other people in that class because we had a disagreement the other day. Its over homelessness and me and two other girls got into it with the rest of the class about the causes. Our professor didn't really know what to do. haha. It was fun. I love debating with people.

This is not what I do. Its the wrong kind of place to be thinking of you.

No comments: