Well over the past week I was stabbed in the back by someone I knew better than to trust again. She did it right in front of me and just left me speechless. Its my own fault for not seeing that one coming.
Usually I would have lost my temper and even though we were around a bunch of friends I would have went off on her. However, instead I smiled and ignored it for the time being, and my other friends were looking at me like 'why aren't you doing anything?' But I took care of it the next day when it was just me and the girl who I won't name. lol. Much to my surprise I didn't lose my temper but I did get a true apology out of her. I won't explain the situation but I shouldn't have dropped it there. After she said sorry and all I just said ok lets forget it. Trust me, if she would have done this to another girl they would have flipped out on her. This is the only time anyone has ever been lucky for backstabbing me instead of someone else. lol. But I partly blame myself, I should have known better.
Next subject...lol. I have a lot of mixed feelings about where I work. I know no job will ever be perfect, or at least not every day. I do like most of the people I work with. I really do, and I believe I have mentioned this before, idr, but we get along great. I've made some fun friends and I look forward to going to work if I know they will be working that day. However, I am constantly amazed by the customers. I just can't believe some of the people I deal with act the way they do. I get into arguments defending myself every day! What the hell? I'm a flipping cashier at a grocery store. Why should I have to defend myself for anything I do? But I do. They get angry because a price is too high, or they've bought too much, or they forgot their pin number for something and they find a way to get pissed at me. Its my fault because I obviously price everything in the store, I didn't know their budget so once they've gone over its now my fault and I look like the ass (somehow) and I rang up their order so now that they forgot their pin for a card its magically my fault.
I actually had to call someone else over once to finish a transaction because I couldn't deal with the customer any more. They started yelling at me for the prices being different on different brands of the same thing (surprised?) and then because of something with their check, I don't remember it exactly, and I forget, lol there was something else. I can usually deal with the person if they are going off but oh my gosh. I was about to snap. I really thought I was going to hit them. I just called one of my friends over because she is really patient and never gets angry, or so I thought. I just kind of strolled off while she handled them. I walked back over after they had left and my friend was really mad. I was amazed someone actually made her not smile. She deals with the angry customers returning stuff or complaining about prices all day so she is used to rude people and can usually tune them out but I guess something about this person kind of crossed her line. Which I can totally understand.
I deal with ridiculous people everyday, it surprised me to see how rude some people are to cashiers for no reason at all. I do get some fun customers though. They are nice and joke around with me and I look forward to those people. However, they are few and far between. I think part of the reason for that is the area the store is in. Thankfully though I like the people I work with. If I didn't, I would have transferred to the west side by now because its closer to my home and I need to save gas. But I like the people I work with, they are worth the waste of gas.
Well its time for me to get ready for work. Three of my favorite people there are working today so I'm excited to go. lol. Plus I get off at seven and I'm planning on surprising a friend tonight. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment