Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here We Go Again With All the Things We Did

This weekend sucked bad. Just because of work. Today wasn't as bad. I was extremely busy taking care of stuff though. Our manager was busy running a register as a cashier most of the day because we were so busy so I was left to deal with all the calls and angry customers. I was also sent running everywhere. I had to chase kids down outside the store, run/fix the self checkouts (twice) be a cashier for a bit, fix something at the fuel center, and then do my regular work I had to get done at the service desk. AH! But Te and D were there for part of my shift so that was nice. But overall it kind of sucked because I had to do other people's jobs and barely got my own stuff done.

Saturday...oh my. We were crazy busy then our system shut down. We could only except cash. We couldn't take credit, debit, EBT, WIC, checks, or tax exempt forms. Oh. My. Gosh. It was kind of nice because a lot of people left (a lot of people in that area use EBT) but then we had carts full of items just left everywhere in the store. The entire front of our store was double lined with carts full of things that needed to find their way back to the shelves. Not fun. We had to keep announcing over the store that our system was down. Some people didn't pay attention though and they would come up to the front with full carts paying with something other than cash and then go off. I honestly thought one lady was going to hit me. They had so much stuff but I know it had been announced since she had been in the store so it wasn't my fault. (Of course I didn't break our computers either so it wasn't my fault any way) Not a fun night.

Friday went better than I thought it would. Kind of. I did fine running the service desk on my own even though I was freaking out. Some customers still pissed me off but why don't we try to find a day when they don't. Its not going to happen. It was pretty busy and people have a problem waiting. I don't understand why grown people can't form a line and understand that I can only help one person at a time. That just makes me angry and I work slower because I'm thinking of all the things I'd love to shout back at the people yelling at me.

Friday night is the only thing that saved my weekend. Miss CH came to the rescue. As always. After work I went out to her house. I got there at about 930 and left after 2 in the morning. I was really tired and would have enjoyed getting to be earlier but I just love that kid. I can't help it. She just has a way of cheering me up. We decided every Friday is now our relaxing day. It will be the best end to every week and perfect start to every weekend.

And now I'm wondering just who I would have been...

No comments: