Monday, January 26, 2009

Only Love Can Bring the Rain

I hurt. My bones. My muscles. My skin. I think my hair hurts? I'm not sure...trying to decide hurts. lol. I'm not all mopey and just sitting and bitching about it. I actually start cracking up every time I move. I think its hilarious. Its a lovely story...lets begin!

Tuesday I had to be at work at 330. It takes me 30-35 minutes on a good day to get there. Well Tuesday, as anyone who reads this knows, we were being attacked by a rather vicious winter storm. I was damn determined to go to work because I am in fact retarded. =) So even though I didn't have to be at work until 330 I started my car warming up at 1030. I figured leaving early and staying at my sisters wouldn't be a bad idea...plus I wanted my car to heat up some. I got back in my car at 1046ish. I got out of my driveway at 1217. HA! So, for anyone that hasn't been to my house there is a dip to get into the driveway and it is slightly slanted away from the road because of the hill I live on. I drive a damn boat of a car. My old taurus. I pushed that heavy p.o.s. out onto the road. I fell...I don't know how many times. There was about ten minutes where I just sat on the ice and laughed hysterically. After my small meltdown (which didn't help melt any thing other than my patience) I got back up and attempted to shovel some of the ice out of the way which of course didn't help.So I went back to pushing my heavy freaking car and eventually got it out onto the road. Who is amazing? This kid!

And what do I have to show for it? Hardly being able to walk the next day. Its really cracking me up. My hips and back hurt. My arms hurt. My legs hurt a little but not that bad. I don't care though, I'm still pretty BA for moving that shit over the lift to the road, on the ice, while being pelted in the face by sleet. Woot. It would have been great to have help though, but no one was home. Oh well.

I need to get to bed. Its almost midnight and I have to wake up early to go to work. Actually Buy Low hasn't had power since 10 Tuesday night...and they don't think we will get it back until Saturday. But I'm at my sister's so its just down the road and I might as well check it out in the morning.

Love, reign over me. Rain on me.

No comments: