Monday, August 4, 2008

Long Day

So, I'm taking a break from the hospital. Today has been crazy. Last night I went to bed somewhere between 2 or 3. Woke up at 7:13. Ran to the women's hospital to see Nikki. Stayed there a bit then ran to St. Mary's because my mom called me hysterical. She's really upset about my grandmother (cause its her mom) but that's totally understandable we all are. I got there and she was in and out of consciousness. Her kidneys are both failing. Plus her heart is of course still very week from the heart attack. They think she may have also had a stroke. But they can't do anything for her heart until they get her kidneys working. We are having trouble waking her up though. And if we do wake her up its only for about ten seconds.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. I'm also drained just from all the stress of this past week between my grandmother and my sister. I can't wait until my uncle gets here. He lives in Florida and won't be here for about 6 and a half more hours. I wish I got to see him more often. He is my mom's brother and when he is around everyone is always in a good mood and things at least appear better even if they aren't. He just has a way of calming everyone down and cheering us up. I wish he lived closer. But on the bright side we don't have to pay for a hotel when we visit Florida. :)

Anyway, I wish he could get here sooner. Maybe we will get lucky and her kidneys will start working. I hope so. I usually don't ask for this but please pray for my family. We could really use an extra boost. I guess I'll update later tonight or tomorrow depending on where I sleep tonight. But for now I need to get ready to head back...

No comments: