Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paradox

So, I need someone to give me some feedback. Not on any of the other stuff (unless you want) but on this post because I truly do not understand something.

Any one who knows me knows I’m goofy, outgoing, fun, funny, and a lot of times very energetic. Some friends know my more somber side but most probably don’t. But that’s just me…I love to be outgoing and to have a good time, keeping a fun and light mood.

Now don’t get me wrong I love being outgoing and such but sometimes people make me feel like it’s a bad thing. I don’t think they do it intentionally but it still happens anyway. A lot of people assume that since I’m goofy and get a little crazy sometimes because I’m not shy that I’m not smart. All through school when people have found out that I actually get good grades they always act surprised. I always got an ‘Oh, really? I didn’t know you were smart. I never would have guessed.’ (I’ve got that response from more than one person.) Like, oh I didn’t know you could have a fun personality and be smart too. Yeah I get A’s thanks. Sometimes a B if I get bored with the class. I don't mean to sound like a pretentious ass. I don't think I'm like the smartest person because I know I'm not obviously. I just mean I get good grades and I work hard to get them so it pisses me off when people assume I wouldn't.

But seriously what the hell? I don’t get it. I honestly don’t. I don’t understand why I get the same shocked look from anyone who knows what grades I make. I mean is it honestly that hard to believe?

No comments: