So lets talk about pet peeves. I have a few but I'll just put one in tonight. Most of my pet peeves are about words...this would be one of them.
Pop.
Pop is not a drink. Its not a coke or soda. Pop is an action. I've never learned how to drink an action. I understand that certain people living in places do call it pop that's fine and all I don't mean anything against them. I just don't like when people say it. If someone asks me if I want a pop...No. No I don't need a good pop right now I may be parched so a drink would be nice but I don't need an action I'm fine. Thanks.
I was at work one time and I went to ask a lady if she wanted a refill. She was like "Yes I could use some more pop." Shit there it was. I was like "Some more coke? You'd like some more coke...soda?" She just looks at me weird and is like "Yes more pop." Damn. "You need more Mt. Dew was it?" And she finally just said yes without saying pop again. I was like nope...not refilling the cup. We don't have fountain actions back there in the kitchen...just fountain drinks. lol. Of course if she would have said it again I would have gone anyway but I still wanted to win. lol.
If someone wants to show me how to enjoy a nice, cold glass of action, I'll accept calling it pop. Until then, don't go there with me. lol. I will win.
I do have a few other words like pop but I'll get to those later. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment