I always think its funny when people dress up as characters and go to midnight showings of movies and pee their pants just because they love the movie so much. However, I will be eating my words before too long because I am so doing that! lol
I can't help it! My favorite musical ever, Wicked, is being made into a movie. Me and one of my friends have already decided that we will be at the midnight showing and we are SO painting ourselves green! lol. I'm going to feel like such a retard but I honestly don't even care. I can't explain how tickled I am about this movie. Sadly though it won't be coming out for a couple years. (yes a couple years and we already have plans for it lol) I would pretty much die if Idina Menzel played Elphaba. She is my favorite broadway singer. Some say she is too old now to play Elphaba, but she's not old at all. The characters are supposed to be youngerish but I don't care and I bet most Wicked fans wouldn't care either. Her voice is too amazing and its just not the same without her singing it. She played the original Elphaba in the New York cast when Wicked first hit the stage. She's also the one who is recorded on the soundtrack. I listen to it all the time, lol. Been to see the musical live in Chicago and it was amazing. Have the book. And the sequel. Thinking about buying another version of the book just because it has green pages. Seriously.
I would take the time to explain what Wicked is about but if you know me, you already know. lol.
I laugh because people are way too obsessed about Twilight right now but I can't really make fun of them because I'm way more obsessed about Wicked. Next year it will be on tour and they are stopping by Indy. I'd like to see someone try to stop me from going. lol. It probably won't be as great as the Chicago cast (which was the best cast of Wicked at the time I saw it. Reviews informed me of this. lol. The best cast ever was the original New York though. And I would pee myself if I ever saw the full original cast perform even one song live) but anyway I don't care if they suck or not because its Wicked.
Yeah I love musicals. Like a lot. I still need to see RENT performed live....but again Idina played a character in that movie (and the one in the original boradway show...and is on the soundtrack) and without her it wouldn't be the same, but I don't care because it would still be pretty awesome. I could keep going on about musicals and about how I need to calm down about a damn movie but I think I'll stop here. I have some more obsessing to do until I find out who the cast is. And if thats not posted yet (and it won't be) I guess I'll have to go watch Wizard of Oz again or listen to the soundtrack. haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment