Well she's done it again. My mother. She has this odd obsession with Christmas. I mean super obsession...mostly just decorating for it. Its like her favorite thing. Every year she buys toys and donates them to families who don't have money for presents because she can't stand the thought of a kid having no gifts to open. This year she is doing some extra good business. My grandmother, her mom, who passed away was a smoker. Smoked everyday since she was 15. She never had any lung problems (which still amazes all of us...) however, she did have bad heart problems.
This year, in memory of her, my mom called the America Heart Association and set up a contest. Of course it involves Christmas! lol. Companies in Evansville (and maybe Henderson) will pay a small fee to enter and then each company has to decorate a Christmas tree. I'm not completely sure how voting goes. I can't remember if customers give a cash donation and then the company with the most donations wins or if they select a judge who goes and looks at all the trees. But either way each company decorates a tree and can dedicate it to a lost family member or someone who is struggling with a heart condition. All the proceeds go to the American Heart Association. Yeah...my mom does good things. lol
Well I just felt the need to share that because...I have nothing better to talk about. lol. I need to go lay down. My back is all screwed up again and I'm walking like I'm 90 years old. And still refusing to take medicine or do anything about it...sooo not stubborn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment