Well I didn't get to sleep in. I went to bed about 1:30 and woke up several times throughout the morning and finally gave in about 7:30. Oh well, its more than I get other nights.
I forgot to mention something last night. Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of a friend's death. Obviously it bothers me every time that day comes around but yesterday it seemed to more than usual. I guess because I saw his family and had to talk to them. I wore my pep band shirt from the year he passed away because it had his basketball number on the back. It was once black but now its faded even though I haven't worn it for a long time. Every time I think of him I try not to remember his funeral (because of course who wants to think of that) but I can't help but hear the recording of him they played at the ceremony when he was really little singing 'Jesus Loves Me.' I had held up kind of good until that point, but once they played that I lost it. It still makes me cry every time.
I didn't have time yesterday, but if I do today or tomorrow I'm going to go buy some flowers to put on his grave. They will have to be orange of course, because if you couldn't think of what color to make something his answer was always orange.
I guess that's all I have. I'm off to lose myself in laundry and hopefully plan my escape route to my sister's place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment